Previous
Real Madrid
Tottenham Hotspur
2
0
FT
Game Details
Bayern Munich
AC Milan
1
0
ESPN2 LIVE 23'
Game Details
AS Monaco
Young Boys
0
0
LIVE HT
Leg 2Aggregate: 3 - 1
Game Details
Ajax Amsterdam
Rapid Vienna
1
2
LIVE 59'
Leg 2Aggregate: 3 - 4
Game Details
Municipal
Real Salt Lake
1:00 AM UTC Aug 5, 2015
Game Details
Next

LIVE: Chelsea move for Spurs' Rose

Transfer Talk
Read
Real MadridReal Madrid
Tottenham HotspurTottenham Hotspur
2
0
FT
Game Details
By ESPN Staff

Temarii to appeal against suspension

The Oceania Football Confederation has confirmed it will not have a vote when FIFA's executive committee decides on the host nations for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups on Thursday as Reynald Temarii will appeal against his suspension.

• Hayatou threatens legal action

Temarii was suspended, along with Amos Adamu of Nigeria, following newspaper allegations about 'cash for votes'.

The OFC's acting head David Chung was expected to take Temarii's place on the executive committee but will not now be allowed to vote, leaving 22 members to make the decision.

A statement on Tuesday said: "OFC can confirm that it has received a communique from Reynald Temarii's legal team stating that Mr. Temarii will exercise his right of appeal in relation to the recent ruling by the FIFA Ethics Committee. OFC respects this decision as it is a fundamental human right to appeal after such a case.

"FIFA has outlined that Oceania's sole spot on the FIFA Executive Committee is not considered vacant as long as the appeal process is still open. Therefore, Acting OFC President David Chung will not be able to replace Mr. Temarii on the FIFA Executive until such time as the appeal process has concluded."

Chung said: "OFC will not have a voice at the voting table in Zurich on the 2nd of December but fully respects the decision made by Reynald Temarii and his legal team under difficult circumstances."

The OFC also released the statement it received from Temarii.

"On November 18, 2010, the FIFA Ethics Committee cleared me of all corruption charges but decided my suspension for one year beginning on October 20, 2010, for charges which nature and grounds I still ignore," the statement said.

"Since then, I am waiting for a reasoned decision in order to exercise my right to appeal.

"Despite pressures and issues at stake for the OFC, I decided not to waive this fundamental right to restore my honor, dignity and integrity following the calumnious accusations I suffered from the Sunday Times."

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.