Bristol City
7:45 PM UTC Jan 24, 2018
7:45 PM UTC Jan 24, 2018

LIVE: Madrid could move for Courtois

Transfer Talk

Transfer Rater: Mo Salah to Real Madrid

Juve not keen on Balotelli; Can battle

Tevez thinking of quitting football

Carlos Tevez says he will only continue his career in Europe for "three or four years" as he has grown tired of the money swamping professional football.

Tevez often cuts an unhappy figure and 12 months ago said he would consider retiring from professional football if Argentina won the World Cup finals as he wanted to spend more time with his family.

He returned from South Africa to captain Manchester City this season but it appears that football's financial focus, and a lack of respect from young players emerging from the ranks, has once again led the striker to ponder his future in the game.

"I don't want to play anymore," Tevez told TyC Sports. "I'm tired of football, but also tired of people who work in football. I don't want to play anymore, and I'm talking seriously.

"Football is only about money, and I don't like it. There are so many agents with really young footballers ... it's awful, as these young players are not interesting in winning titles, they only want money. The young players think that they have won something in football because they have two cell phones and a house. Today, there are many bad people in the football business, and you have to fight with them all the time. I'm tired of that too.

"Today, the young players have no education at all, and I don't want to listen to them. When I played in Boca, when [Martin] Palermo or [Juan Roman] Riquelme talked, I listened to them. So I don't want a young player to tell me 'why did you do that?' in the dressing-room. I would punch him, as I have won 13 titles in my career.

"I'm going to play football for three or four years in Europe, then I will quit. I would play for Boca again only if my father asks me to do it, but I don't want to play in Argentina again. If you ask me, I would love to have my old life back in my neighbourhood of Fuerte Apache as I don't like my way of life today."

Comments