Real Betis
Game Details
Hamburg SV
Eintracht Frankfurt
Game Details
AS Monaco
Game Details
Burton Albion
Birmingham City
Game Details

Owen snatches draw for United

Manchester United avoided the fate assigned to both Chelsea and Arsenal this weekend when Michael Owen scored with his first touch of the ball to secure a 2-2 draw at Bolton.

• Team of the Week: September 26
• Jolly: United's defensive malaise
• Giggs misses Valencia trip
• Houllier: Heskey should 'keep believing'
• Premier League gallery

With two of their possible title rivals falling to defeat on Saturday, United spied the chance to make inroads on Chelsea's lead but could only close to within three points of the champions after twice going behind to a spirited Bolton side.

Zat Knight put Bolton ahead after only six minutes when he produced a wonderful flick to score from a corner, before Nani equalised on 23 minutes when finishing off a lovely solo run with a low finish into the far corner.

After both Ryan Giggs and Wayne Rooney had been withdrawn due to fitness concerns, Martin Petrov saw his shot deflect off Darren Fletcher and past Edwin van der Sar. However, Owen was introduced from the bench to score his 200th career goal.

In Sunday's Midlands derby, Emile Heskey continued to thrive under his former manager at Liverpool, Gerard Houllier, when scoring a late winner in Aston Villa's 2-1 win over Wolves at Molineux.

Heskey has been much maligned during his time at Villa but scored his second goal in two games under Houllier - in the Frenchman's first league game in charge - when producing a fantastic header after 89 minutes.

Stewart Downing had given Villa the lead in the first half when converting from a cross from Marc Albrighton, before Matt Jarvis saw a cross into the box evade team-mates and Villa goalkeeper Brad Friedel before nestling in the net after 61 minutes.

A James Perch own goal consigned Newcastle to a second home defeat in a row as Stoke fought back from a goal down to win 2-1 at St James' Park.

The full-back headed Matthew Etherington's corner into his own net under pressure from Robert Huth to complete a concerted fightback by the Potters.

Kevin Nolan's 43rd-minute penalty had given the Magpies a deserved half-time lead, but Stoke responded after the break and were back on terms with 67 minutes gone when Sunderland old boy Kenwyne Jones, who had earlier hit both the post and the bar, headed home from close range.


Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.