Atlanta United FC
10:05 PM UTC Jul 22, 2017
Tottenham Hotspur
12:05 AM UTC Jul 23, 2017
Costa Rica
United States
2:00 AM UTC Jul 23, 2017

Hunter: Neymar has a tough choice

La Liga

Konchesky relishing big chance

Paul Konchesky admits his move to Liverpool is a big step but says he is relishing the chance to play at "the highest level".

Konchesky left Fulham for Anfield to provide competition at left back and the two-time England defender, who says he is delighted to be reunited with Roy Hodgson, is determined to prove he is capable of playing for one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

"I'm 29 and this is my last chance to play at the highest level," he said. "That is what Liverpool are and I am really looking forward to it. "It (Hodgson) was a big factor but Liverpool being a big club was a massive factor.

"I'm looking forward to getting a new lease of life and playing at a very high standard. I can't wait to pull on a Liverpool shirt in the Premier League - it is a massive club and it is a big step for me.

"I just want to give it my all and go from there. I've had three or four days' training and although there have not been a lot of players there it has been a good week and I am hopefully going to enjoy it soon."

He added: "You look at the history they have got behind them - it is unbelievable - and there are some great players here. If we can bring that back to the side this year in something like the Europa League then this team can go a long way."

Comments