Unhappy Adebayor seeking Manchester City exit
Emmanuel Adebayor has indicated that he will leave Manchester City this summer and has made it clear that Juventus are one of his top targets.
Adebayor has been linked with a move to Italy for several seasons, with AC Milan always believed to be interested in his signature, and with City ready to spend £30 million to sign Mario Balotelli from Inter Milan, Adebayor has revealed that he will be leaving the club this summer.
"I am sorry to leave the Premier League, but in Europe there are other top leagues," he told Tuttosport. "Juventus are a great club in which I would like to play.
"Until some time ago I would not have accepted a transfer to other clubs. I wanted to wear the City shirt and have a better season compared to last year, but I know there will not be many chances for me and so I am considering the many offers I have received.''
City have not confirmed the Togo striker's desire to leave but, if he does choose to depart, they could also turn their attentions to Wolfsburg's Edin Dzeko again. The club already have a strikeforce bursting at the seams, with the likes of Carlos Tevez, Craig Bellamy, Robinho and Roque Santa Cruz all fighting for places, along with the expected arrival of Balotelli.
In addition, City need to trim their squad of senior players ahead of the deadline to submit a 25-man squad for the first half of the season.
The quotes come after reports in the Daily Mirror on Wednesday that Adebayor was intending to fight for his place in the side.
"I'm hoping to be available all this season and see what I can achieve for this club,'' he said. "We have some amazing players: Yaya, Carlos Tevez, Patrick Vieira and Kolo Toure. We all came here to make our own history.
"It's a dream for any player to come to a club and become a legend during your time there and, of course, that's what we are all striving to achieve. We want to leave a legacy at City."