Beckham camp plays down talk of West Ham move
A spokesman for David Beckham has firmly ruled out the possibility that the midfielder could be interested in returning to his East End roots by joining West Ham.
On Thursday, Hammers co-owner David Gold spoke of his desire to bring Beckham, 35, to Upton Park and said that an approach to the player's representatives had been met favourably.
"We had some discussions with David's agents a few months ago and it was a possibility," Gold said in The Sun. "He's preoccupied with a few projects but he's promised he will give every consideration to the possibility of joining us."
However, it appears Beckham remains fully committed to LA Galaxy and that a potential move to East London is highly unlikely at present.
"Whilst it's flattering to hear of interest there has been no contact with or offer from West Ham," a spokesman for Beckham said.
"David is happy at the Los Angeles Galaxy and has no interest in leaving, and is looking forward to returning to the team on August 9."
Beckham is still recovering from a ruptured Achilles tendon that forced him to miss the World Cup finals but is hoping to return to action in September.