The first point to make about the Adidas F50i CL Madrid Edition boots is the obvious one - they look the business. For any player that thinks (the key word being thinks) they have the flair and skill to don a pair of brightly coloured boots currently worn by the best player in the world to emerge since Zidane then these are the boots for you.
With pellet grass pitches generally replacing the old-school sandpaper astro turf, it is becoming more practical to own a pair of boots which are adaptable to both grass and pellet surfaces.
The default studs are hard rubber, and work perfectly on either surface, but in total there are three different alternatives - Hard Ground, Soft Ground and a Street Outsole.
The boots are very lightweight and clearly made for speed - helping you accelerate that extra bit quicker past the lumbering right back on a Sunday morning.
The laces are covered, which isn't just a fashion statement. The increased striking scope provided by covered laces allows players to really put their foot through the ball and get an accurate cross or shot off. To put it in context, after 14 years of trying I finally managed to score a free kick the first time I wore them!
Another great quality of the Adidas F50i's CL Madrid Edition is that when wearing them it is quite easy to forget that you are actually wearing football boots and not a pair of comfy slippers - albeit slippers which are bright red and leave a £125 dent in you bank account.
For those that need the technical info, the F50is feature:
• Synthetic leather upper for durability and light weight; SPRINTSKIN single-layer synthetic for incredible ball feel and reduced weight.
• Lace cover for optimal fit and increased kicking area; Synthetic lining for durability.
• Exchangeable pre-moulded TUNIT™ Standard Insock for premium support and cushioning.
• TUNIT technology enables you to choose between studs or a street outsole; Additional set of SG cleats and HG studs supplied.
• TRAXION® FG outsole for grip and comfort on firm, natural surfaces; Split outsole for optimised weight and flexibility
I have had over 20 pairs of boots since the age of nine - even more if you include astro-turfs - and I can safely say that in terms of practicality and looks, the Adidas F50i's CL Madrid Edition are truly top of the range and certainly one of the best pairs of boots on the market today.