Carlo Cudicini has been discharged from hospital but the Tottenham goalkeeper is unlikely to feature for the remainder of the season as he continues his recovery following a motorbike crash.
Cudicini, 36, underwent surgery on his right wrist and pelvis after his BMW superbike was involved in a collision with a Ford Fiesta. It has since emerged that manager Harry Redknapp was unaware that the player owned a motorbike.
Police initially described Cudicini's injuries as "potentially life-changing" although Tottenham expect him to make a full recovery, even if Redknapp admits the former Chelsea man will miss the rest of the season.
"I've never thought about letting a player ride a bike," said Redknapp. "I didn't even know he had one. We don't let them do it. I'm sure he won't be riding it again but it's just one of those things. I think he will be out for the rest of the season."
Redknapp, though, has played down speculation that he could look to sign a replacement goalkeeper when the transfer window opens in January.
"We have a few keepers on our books. But I am not sure what we will do at present," Redknapp said. "Heurelho Gomes is now in great form and looking really sharp. There has been speculation linking us with several keepers recently but they are pretty much no-goers.
After leaving hospital on Friday, Cudicini revealed he is pleased with his progress so far.
"The current position is that the operations went very well and I am already moving my wrist," Cudicini told the club's official website. "This morning I met the hand surgeon and he would like to see me again on December 18 and, if everything is okay, I will no longer need any protection on the right wrist and I will be able to move it like the other one.
"Regarding the pelvis, I am still waiting to see the surgeon later on, but from what he said to me last time he would like to check on me every month and, at the end of the 12 weeks, now 11, I will be able to move without the crutches and free to begin my preparations."