Tottenham Hotspur
AC Milan
2:00 AM UTC Jul 31, 2016
Leicester City
3:30 AM UTC Jul 31, 2016
By ESPN Staff

Kaka to "give his all" as Real stars await Milan

Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra and defender Alvaro Arbeloa have shaken off injuries and should be available for Wednesday's Champions League Group C match against AC Milan, coach Manuel Pellegrini said on Tuesday.

Diarra was unable to train with the squad on Monday after picking up a knock in La Liga action at the weekend and Arbeloa had been suffering from a knee problem but Pellegrini has included both in his squad for the match at the Bernabeu. However, midfielder Guti is still not at full fitness and misses out, Pellegrini told a news conference.

"Guti has an ankle problem that is preventing him from being at 100 percent," the Chilean said. "Arbeloa is in good condition despite being still in the recovery phase and Lass has no problems."

Real's Kaka will be playing against his former club for the first time since he joined from Milan for around 67 million euros in the close season.

"For me it's the first time in my career that I will play against an ex club," Kaka said. "It's a new thing for me but I am professional and now I play for Real Madrid and I will give my all."

Real top Group C with two wins out of two and Milan are in third after last month's shock 1-0 home defeat by FC Zurich.

Real's Portuguese forward Cristiano Ronaldo is sidelined with an ankle injury and midfielder Fernando Gago, striker Ruud van Nistelrooy and defender Christoph Metzelder are all out of action with various ailments.

Milan goalkeeper Marco Storari and midfielder Gennaro Gattuso have been ruled out with thigh and knee injuries respectively.

Comments