Everton
Atlético Nacional
Bolívar
12:30 AM UTC Apr 25, 2018
Deportivo Lara
Millonarios
10:15 PM UTC Apr 24, 2018

Khoza promises beefed up security for PSL games

Football

Brooks lasts 29 minutes in Wolfsburg return

Wolfsburg

FA apologises for Kane FA Cup tweet

English FA Cup

Emile Heskey eyes Villa exit

Emile Heskey has conceded he may have to leave Aston Villa in January if he is to retain his starting place for England going into the World Cup finals next summer.

Heskey is in the unusual position of being a first-choice striker for Fabio Capello's England but a substitute at club level under Martin O'Neill, starting just one game in the Premier League this season.

And the striker, who joined Villa from Wigan last January, will be forced to assess his options should he fail to break into O'Neill's starting XI by the turn of the year.

"I'm happy to be playing for England and, obviously, not playing at club level is difficult,'' he said in the Guardian. "It's something I will have to look at when I get back and try to address it.''

Asked whether that meant he would seek a move in the winter transfer window, Heskey said: "That's what I mean. I will have to sit down and think about my next move. I don't know whether I can get a World Cup place if I'm not playing for Villa.

"The manager (Capello) hasn't really spoken to me about it. I just have to keep performing well in training and keep going. But you always wonder about those kind of things, whether it will affect my chances. I will just have to try to address it when the time is right.''

Heskey has scored just seven goals in 56 England appearances but his selfless work up front makes him a favourite of Capello.

Comments