Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has threatened to take action against Real Madrid if they do not drop their interest in Franck Ribery immediately.
The French midfielder has been told by the Bavarian club's bosses that he will not be leaving Bayern this summer, but Real have persisted in their pursuit of him, enraging Rummenigge in the process.
"Real have been breaking FIFA regulations for weeks since they have never received our permission to speak with Franck nor his agent," said Rummenigge. "Now the time has come when we require peace and quiet.
"I will be sending Florentino Perez, the president of Real, a letter recommending that they drop their attempts to tempt Franck away from us right now.
"If this disturbance does not end right away, we will report Real to FIFA."
The future of Ribery as a Bayern player has been occupying the sports headlines in Germany since the end of last season and Rummenigge is not happy that rumours persist linking the Frenchman with a transfer before the deadline on August 31.
Last week, Bayern general manager Uli Hoeness revealed that a deadline had passed for any club to make an acceptable offer for Ribery.
And Rummenigge insists the "final word has now been spoken" on the issue.
"Our coach now wants to make plans and he wants to do so with Franck as a firm constellation," he told the Bild am Sonntag newspaper. "At FC Bayern, we always play seriously and clean. We have made our final decision and that now stands. Franck Ribery is staying with us."
Rummenigge's warning appears to have had the desired effect with Real's general manager Jorge Valdano admitting that "Ribery is not Real Madrid's problem right now".
"We expressed our wish for a transfer and we were informed that this was not possible. That is the end of it," he told Munich's Tz newspaper.