AC Milan
Game Details
4:00 PM UTC
Game Details
6:45 PM UTC
Game Details
7:00 PM UTC
Leg 2Aggregate: 1 - 2
Game Details
Hamilton Academical
Dundee United
LIVE 57'
Leg 2Aggregate: 0 - 0
Game Details
FC Utrecht
AZ Alkmaar
(4) 3
(3) 0
Leg 2Aggregate: 3 - 3
Game Details
Atlanta United FC
New York City FC
9:00 PM UTC
Game Details
FC Dallas
Houston Dynamo
12:00 AM UTC May 29, 2017
Game Details
11:06 PM UTC
Leg 2Aggregate: 2 - 2
Game Details

U20 WC: 10-man U.S. reach knockouts

U-20 World Cup

Senegal through but lose pair to suspension

By ESPN Staff

Harrisburg stuns New England in Open Cup

NEW BRITAIN, Conn. -- The Harrisburg City Islanders came from behind to upset the New England Revolution 2-1 in overtime in a third-round match Tuesday night in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup.

Geoff Bloes scored the winning goal late in the first overtime. Mo Odur also scored for Harrisburg City, which plays defending Open Cup champion D.C. United in the quarterfinals July 7. Harrisburg City is a USL-2 team and D.C. United play in Major League Soccer, as do the Revolution.

Two years ago, New England beat Harrisburg City 2-1 in the quarterfinals and went on to win the championship. This time, New England played with mostly reserves because several starters were out with injuries

"It?s nice to get some redemption," Bloes said.

New England used mostly reserves because several starters were out with injuries. The Revolution were forced to play short-handed for the final 30 minutes of regulation and both 15-minute overtime periods after injuries to Khelli Dube in the 63rd minute and Michael Videira in the 81st minute. Revs coach Steve Nicol used all three of his substitutions at halftime, leaving his team without any reserves for the final 45 minutes.

Early in the first overtime, New England was three players down momentarily when Sainey Nyassi was shaken up.

"We had to make changes at halftime because people who were playing were already (playing hurt)," Nicol said. "There?s nothing you can do."

Harrisburg City, which was playing its third road game in five days, tied it in the 67th minute when Odur headed in a free kick from 35 yards by Jason Pelletier. The Islanders took the lead in the 105th minute when Bloes knocked in a loose ball that New England goalkeeper Brad Knighton wasn?t able to control.

Earlier, New England took a 1-0 lead on a free kick by midfielder Jeff Larentowicz in the 38th minute. He sent a low shot from 20 yards that went inside the far goalpost.

In the second half, Bloes also made a huge play on defense when he stopped a 40-foot shot by Stephane Assengue from going in.

"I think we came out of the locker room with more confidence," Harrisburg City coach Bill Becher said. "The message was, We're already down a goal, what are we going to lose?? We came out more aggressive."


Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.