The mystery over Liverpool's interest in Napoli forward Ezequiel Lavezzi continues with the player's agent again insisting that Liverpool have made an offer.
Earlier this week, Rafael Benitez said that despite the media stories he had no plans to make a bid for the £12m-rated Argentine. Napoli also denied any agreement was on the horizon.
Lavezzi's agent, Alejandro Mazzoni, has already demanded that Napoli allow the player to hold talks with last season's English Premier League runners-up.
That prompted Benitez to say on Tuesday: ''We never contacted Lavezzi and we have no intention of doing so. We want to put a stop to these rumours.''
But Mazzoni said on Friday: ''Pierpaolo Marino continues to lie. I reiterate that a FIFA agent presented Napoli with an offer from Liverpool for Lavezzi.
''This was a formal procedure as the player cannot be contacted directly (by the interested club) because he is under contract with Napoli.''
Lavezzi has been linked with a move away from Napoli this month following a dispute with his club over a contract extension. The 24-year-old joined the Naples-based outfit two years ago and scored seven league goals this season. He is under contract with Napoli until June 2012.