Flamengo will not punish Adriano after the striker missed training session without coach Cuca's permission, club vice-president Kleber Leite has confirmed.
After a day off on Monday, the Flamengo players were supposed to report back for training yesterday but the former Inter Milan forward, who joined the club last month and scored on his debut last weekend, was missing.
Cuca said the absence of 27-year-old "was not scheduled" but the player's agent Gilmar Rinaldi later said that director of football Isaias Tinoco was aware of it.
"He (Adriano) had a problem to sort out and explained it," said Leite. "The problem has been resolved because the reason for his absence was totally coherent."
Added Leite: "It will not happen again.
"We cannot make a storm from a drop of water. Adriano has our understanding and our affection. We'll stand by his side."