Fabregas cleared of spitting at Hull assistant boss
Cesc Fabregas will not face any action over an allegation of spitting at Hull City assistant manager Brian Horton, after the Football Association said there was no evidence to back up the claim.
The Arsenal skipper was handed two improper conduct charges last month after the FA Cup match at the Emirates Stadium on March 17. Fabregas, who was injured for the match, joined his Gunners team-mates on the pitch at the final whistle to celebrate and was accused of being over-zealous.
Tigers boss Phil Brown was incensed with the Spaniard's actions and accused him of spitting during TV interviews after the match. Fabregas himself always denied any wrong-doing and now an independent commission has decided there is no grounds for further action.
The FA did not want to make the news public until after the end of the season but the news broke in a newspaper on Friday.
A statement from the FA read: "The FA can confirm that, at a regulatory commission hearing, two charges of improper conduct against Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas were found not proved.
"The charges related to Fabregas's conduct following the FA Cup match between Arsenal and Hull at the Emirates Stadium on 17 March.
"One charge concerned his conduct after coming onto the pitch following the final whistle. The second charge related to an allegation of spitting.''
Fabregas was also criticised by Brown for the manner in which he celebrated on the pitch after the final whistle.
However, the 22-year-old said: "Eight players were on the pitch as well, so then everyone should be suspended.''
On the allegation of spitting, Fabregas reflected: "If I am suspended for that, my heart and my mind will be relaxed because I have not done anything wrong.''