Ancelotti hails Inter, says future not yet decided
AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti said Inter Milan had deserved the Serie A title and added his future would be decided next weekend.
Second-placed Milan lost 2-1 at Udinese on Saturday to hand their rivals a fourth successive scudetto.
"Inter were the most consistent team this year," a glum-looking Ancelotti told Sky television. "The scudetto was not decided tonight."
Asked if coach Jose Mourinho had been important to Inter's success, the Milan boss said: "Certainly yes."
The pair have clashed numerous times this season.
Ancelotti has been heavily linked in the media with Chelsea and despite denying in recent months that he was thinking of moving, the Italian said his future was now up in the air.
"I have not decided about my future yet. It will be decided next week. It would not have changed anything if we had won tonight," he said.
Milan are not yet assured of an automatic Champions League berth for next season and Ancelotti wants to win at home to AS Roma next Sunday before announcing a decision.
He has a year left on his Rossoneri contract but Milan have not offered him a new deal.
Chelsea will be without a manager at the end of the season when interim boss Guus Hiddink returns to coaching Russia full time.