Manchester City striker Robinho has insisted he will come back a stronger player next season after revealing he has no plans to leave the club.
On Wednesday, the Brazil international committed his future to the Eastlands club even though it is likely they will miss out on a second consecutive season in the Europa League. And now he has vowed to prove his critics wrong.
The 25-year-old has struggled for form since the turn of the year, finally scoring his first goal in Sunday's 4-2 win at home to West Bromwich Albion.
The forward's performances away from the City of Manchester Stadium have come in for much criticism, leading to the speculation he was not happy at the club and would look for a move away in the summer.
But the Brazilian has scoffed at such talk, and believes the experiences of his first season in English football will enable him to come back a better player for 2009-10.
"The Premier League is very strong, physical football and I am not a strong player,'' he said. "But fortunately I was able to adapt quite quickly taking into account that I was used to playing a different type of football.
"I hope next year I will be even better because I will know what to expect.''
Robinho also insists he was never affected by the sexual assault accusation levelled against him earlier this season.
"The Leeds incident was a bad thing to happen, particularly taking into account I did nothing wrong,'' Robinho told Key 103. "I carried on with my life and playing football as though nothing had happened.
"That is the way it was. That is the way it had to be. My lack of goals or form had nothing to do with that.''