AC Milan have reiterated their intention to re-sign David Beckham once his season with the Los Angeles Galaxy is over amid reports Tottenham Hotspur are preparing to snatch the midfielder.
Last month the Rossoneri struck a 'timeshare' agreement with Galaxy to extend the 33-year-old's loan deal until the end of the Serie A campaign. Beckham will then return to play for Los Angeles until the end of the MLS season in November before returning to Milan next January.
However, a report in UK newspaper The Sun claimed that Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is hatching a plan to lure Beckham to White Hart Lane next season as he embarks on a £40m spending spree to make his team competitive with the Premier League's top for.
But Milan general manager Adriano Galliani said on Wednesday that the Italian club intend to bring Beckham back to the San Siro.
"Our agreement with the Galaxy is very clear," Galliani said. "We obtained what we desired, which was to keep David until the end of the season."
"Beckham has been a hugely important acquisition, crucial for us.
"We hope that Beckham will return to us in January but from here until the start of the winter transfer window he will definitely be in Los Angeles."
Beckham has made 13 league appearances for Carlo Ancelotti's side since joining on loan in January, and has already expressed his wish to return once the MLS season is over.