Malaysian soccer club Kelantan have been given an unprecedented season-long home ban by the Malaysian Football Association (FAM), following fan violence at their Kota Baru stadium.
The north-eastern club was also fined a total of 90,000 ringgit ($24,970) for disturbances in two matches against Negri Sembilan on March 31 in the Super League and last Tuesday in the FA Cup semi-final first leg at the Sultan Mohamed IV Stadium.
FAM disciplinary board chairman Kamaruddin Abdullah said the club would also have to foot the cost of all damages.
"We view the incidents seriously. They are repeated offences," Malaysia's Star newspaper quoted Kamaruddin as telling a news conference.
The decision marked a first for FAM, who have previously ordered teams to play a limited number of matches at neutral venues but never for the rest of a season.
Kelantan have eight remaining home fixtures in the Super League in addition to three preliminary round home matches in the Malaysia Cup.
FAM secretary-general Azzuddin Ahmad said the ban was a bid to prevent a repeat of Tuesday's incident when several vehicles were damaged while a police four-wheel drive was overturned and set ablaze.
"We believe this decision was the best in light of the circumstances. The home ban applies to all FAM-sanctioned tournaments," he told the New Straits Times newspaper.