Portsmouth executive chairman Peter Storrie has quashed speculation that manager Tony Adams is on the brink of being sacked.
Adams' side have not won for eight Premier League games and the disappointing run has left Pompey facing a relegation battle.
The club's plight has inevitably put the spotlight back on to the future of Adams at Fratton Park but Storrie is adamant there are no plans to axe him.
''Let's put a few things straight,'' said Storrie. ''Firstly, there has been no board meeting to discuss the manager's position and there is not one planned. Of course, both Tony Adams and I have spoken to owner Alexandre Gaydamak.
''We do this on a regular basis and at the moment our priority has been focused on adding to the squad. We are all concerned at our current run of poor results, none more so than Tony and myself. However, it is important we all pull together and get behind Tony and the team.
''We are all in this together. From the board through to the coaching staff and players - we win together and we lose together.
''The reality is that the owner has decided to sell the club. Having invested more than £40m the club has won the FA Cup and enjoyed two seasons with top-10 finishes and he has now decided not to continue that investment. As a result we had to sell two players to put the club on an even footing financially.
''These have all been rebuffed and we have also brought in five new players so far in January and turned Nadir Belhadj's loan into a permanent move.
''We all have our responsibilities. The board needs to make the right decisions off the field and the coaching staff need to get the tactics right and the players need to perform on the pitch.''
Pompey underlined their commitment to Adams by allowing him to bring Greek captain Angelos Basinas to the club from AEK Athens.
The 33-year-old has signed an 18-month contract at Fratton Park with an option for a further year.
Basinas was a long-term target of Harry Redknapp during his two stints as manager. The experienced midfielder has won 97 caps for his county and scored seven goals. He is also the international team-mate of Theofanis Gekas, who joined Pompey on Sunday.
He began his career with Panathinaikos, helping them win the league in 1996 and the league and cup double in 2004.
Storrie said: ''We've brought in someone of immense experience, the current captain of Greece who is just three games away from winning his 100th cap for his country.
''He's exactly what we need in the situation we're in. He's a player that Tony was eager to bring to Pompey. He desperately wanted to come here and we have an option to sign him for a further year on top of the 18 months.''
Storrie insists midfielder Sean Davis will remain a Pompey player - despite a bid from Bolton.
Gary Megson wanted Davis as a replacement for Kevin Nolan at the Reebok Stadium, but Storrie has been hoping the midfielder will sign a three-and-a-half year deal with Pompey.
The south-coast club have rejected Bolton's offer, and Storrie added: ''We have had an inquiry for the player - but we do not want to sell him.
''We have made an offer of a new contract to him and we hope he will sign. He is a player we do not want to sell - and we have told Bolton just that.''