N'Zogbia keen on Lyon switch
Newcastle's United midfielder Charles N'Zogbia is so desperate to quit St James Park that he has issued yet another come and get me plea, this time to Olympique Lyon.
Last week the 22-year-old claimed a move to Tottenham Hotspur, Aston Villa, or preferably Arsenal, was very much in the pipeline and now he has appealed to the French champions to make a bid.
Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear insists the Frenchman is not up for transfer but N'Zogbia continues to be linked with a move away, and there have been reports Lyon are interested in signing him.
"I am tuned in to it all but, having heard several rumours, I would like to receive something concrete," N'Zogbia told Aujourd'hui Sport. "It is up to them to approach Newcastle and me. I am waiting for them. Lyon, make a move!
"Ligue 1 for me is an unknown. Therefore, in some respects, it is attractive."
N'Zogbia, who is contracted to Newcastle until 2012, believes Kinnear is "bluffing" when he says he will not let the 22-year-old go.
"The club want to sell some players, so why not me?" N'Zogbia said. "We will see if I get the green light. We have tried to get information to find out my price but Newcastle have said nothing."
On Tuesday N'Zobia was very candid about his desire to leave Newcastle and said: "Every season is getting worse and worse despite the lofty goals of the club. I therefore decided to leave, to try to find better exposure.''