John Aloisi's A-League season in doubt
Sydney FC coach John Kosmina has admitted he is unsure if John Aloisi will ever play for the A-League club again.
Marquee signing Aloisi has not started a game since his nightmare performance against Perth in December, when he missed two sitters and was substituted by Kosmina with 30 minutes remaining.
The Socceroos striker's first season has been a huge disappointment for both club and player with Aloisi earning an estimated $1.4 million a year.
He has missed Sydney's past two games with a quadriceps injury and Kosmina said on Friday the player was unlikely to feature again this season.
The coach also admitted he had no idea if Aloisi would be back for the 2009/10 campaign.
"Johnny hasn't been on the track for two weeks and to be honest you'll be lucky to see him again this season," said Kosmina.
"He has at least a week of hard work and I don't think he is up to it yet."
It was revealed earlier this week by Sydney chairman Andrew Kemeny that Aloisi has a 'gentleman's agreement' with the club which could see him walk away at the end of this season.
"It has nothing to do with me what Johnny's arrangement with Andrew was," said Kosmina.
"If Johnny chooses to leave then that is his decision.
"It is the same with any other player, we have already lost three or four players this season because they have chosen to leave."
Kosmina also fell short of saying he wanted Aloisi to stay.
"If I want Johnny to stay or not is irrelevant, it is his choice," he said.
"We will see how Johnny goes and what he wants to do.
"I haven't spoken to him, it is not the type of thing you talk about at this stage of the season I am just concentrating on Wellington this Sunday."
Sydney FC part-owner Anthony LaPaglia has thrown his support behind Kosmina, who is under fire after failing to make the A-League finals and losing four successive matches.
The soccer-mad Hollywood actor also confirmed he would remain a shareholder of the club.
"My allegiance is with Sydney," LaPaglia told ESPN's SportsCenter program, which will air in Australia at 7am (AEDT) on Saturday.
"I think that we have finally hit the right combination and I think that bringing John Kosmina on board was probably the smartest move we could have made.
"John is perfect for Sydney. Sydney is a big city and you need a big personality.
"I also love the fact he is completely irreverent. You always know where you stand with John."
Sydney youngster Brendan Gan has signed a new two-year contract on Friday after an impressive debut season.
"It was a pretty easy decision in the end. I'm a Sydney boy so I always wanted to stay in Sydney," said the 20-year-old.
"I'm still young, still inexperienced and this is going to be an opportunity to further my career and further my development."