Bayern Munich general manager Uli Hoeness has confirmed striker Lukas Podolski is likely to leave the club next summer.
The Germany international is unhappy at being the third-choice attacker at the Bavarian club behind Luca Toni and Miroslav Klose and has previously stated a desire to leave during the January transfer window.
But Hoeness says Podolski can only leave when a replacement is found, and that will not be the case before the end of the season.
"We would let Podolski go on July 1 if we find a replacement, but we should manage that," he said.
"However, we cannot allow him to leave in the winter break because we would need a player who could play in the Champions League."
Hoeness also revealed the player's former club Cologne will have to dig deeper into their pockets if they wish to sign Podolski.
"Cologne have made us an offer which was unspeakable," Hoeness added on DSF television.
"Therefore, I do not have the feeling they are really serious about getting him.
"We paid around 10 million euros for him and Podolski is not worth any less today."
Meanwhile, Hoeness confirmed Bayern are still interested in signing Anatoliy Tymoshchuk from Zenit St Petersburg.
The Ukrainian midfielder held talks with the club recently and is currently considering an offer, which is why Hoeness cannot yet confirm a deal.
"The transfer is not done and dusted," he said.
"We are basically looking at a transfer from July 1. We are interested in him."