Drogba staying tight-lipped on Inter Milan summit
Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has refused to comment about his alleged secret meeting with Inter Milan sporting director Marco Branco on Monday night.
Chelsea were unable to confirm whether their Ivorian striker had met Branca and Inter boss Jose Mourinho's agent Jorge Mendes in a Fulham restaurant.
Although Mourinho later claimed to know nothing about the alleged meeting, the Chelsea striker remained silent when quizzed as to whether he was in attendance.
Drogba is currently serving a three-match domestic suspension for throwing a coin back into the crowd against Burnley and is under contract at Stamford Bridge for two more years.
"I don't have anything to say,'' Drogba told skysports.com. "I am upset about the reaction on my comeback game (against Burnley), I made an error.
"I have always said I have a contract with Chelsea until 2010, no comment about the supposed meeting.''
Blues boss Luiz Felipe Scolari was clearly on edge when asked if Drogba had met Branca.
"I do not sleep with him (Drogba),'' retorted Scolari. "Where he was Monday night? I don't know. I am not a policeman for my players.''
But when the Brazilian was asked to clarify if Drogba had been given permission to be in the company of Branca, Scolari's tone worsened.
"Ask (chief executive) Peter Kenyon, ask (owner) Roman Abramovich; I don't know, I am only the coach.''