Celtic defender Mark Wilson is hoping his tussle with Manchester United superstar Cristiano Ronaldo in the Champions League clash at Parkhead on Wednesday night is remembered for all the right reasons.
The former Dundee United player faced up to the Portugal international a fortnight ago when the Scottish champions were comprehensively beaten 3-0 in Manchester to leave them all but out of the competition with only one point from three Group E games.
Wilson, 24, is hoping for a good display against Ronaldo and United's other star players on Wednesday night to help Gordon Strachan's side repeat their victory over the Champions League holders two seasons at when the Hoops famously won with a wonderful Shunsuke Nakamura free-kick to take them in to the knockout stages of the competition for the first time.
"I've played against Ronaldo a few times and it doesn't get any easier, he's just a fantastic player." Wilson said.
"It's going to be tough again and I hope people are not saying after the game that it was the night Ronaldo tore me to shreds. "But it's not scary, I think it's exciting. "We haven't got much to lose, people are coming to see great players like Nani and Rooney and we will try our best.
"We have to show them respect, of course we do, but it doesn't mean we have to stand off them."
Wilson hit back at former Manchester United midfielder Paul Ince - now boss at Blackburn Rovers - for claiming the gap between the two clubs in the first game had been "embarrassing," and the full-back was keen to put that defeat in to context.
He said: "I thought United played fantastic football against us at Old Trafford in the first game. "Everybody struggles when they go there and so I don't think we lost too much confidence from that game. "It was important that we came back from that to get the right results in the SPL and I think we have done that."