Everton have confirmed Leon Osman will not require surgery to fix his long-standing knee injury.
Despite missing just the home defeat to Portsmouth on August 30, the 27-year-old has been hampered by the problem throughout the season.
He met club doctors yesterday to decide whether or not he should go under the knife during the international break.
A statement on Everton's official website said the club would not be sending Osman for an operation.
"Contrary to reports, Leon Osman has not had an operation," head physio Mick Rathbone said.
"In actual fact the knee has settled down a bit over the last few weeks and so we're monitoring the situation closely.
"Osman has shown no ill effects of the knee problem so far this season, scoring twice in nine appearances."