Bristol City
Sampdoria
7:45 PM UTC Jan 24, 2018
7:45 PM UTC Jan 24, 2018

LIVE: Madrid could move for Courtois

Transfer Talk
By ESPN Staff

Bosnich could be back soon after fitness boost

Central Coast Mariners goalkeeper Mark Bosnich is looking to return to action in mid-October after discovering that a hamstring injury suffered last week is not as bad as first feared.

The former Australia international, who had spells in England with Aston Villa, Manchester United and Chelsea, went off after only seven minutes during Central Coast's 4-1 trouncing of Perth Glory in the A-League last Friday.

The 36-year-old underwent an MRI scan on his left hamstring on Monday which revealed that he had suffered a strain and not a tear as first thought.

Bosnich, who has signed a seven-round contract with the Mariners, is doubtful for this Friday's visit to Adelaide United but is hopeful of being in the line-up when they host Wellington Phoenix at Bluetongue Stadium on October 19.

"As I said after the match (on Friday), you have to take the good with the bad, but I was confident that this injury would only be a minor setback and I'm thankful that this has proved to be the case," said Bosnich.

"I'll return to training as soon as possible and with the help of the club and my team-mates I'm determined to do all that I can to push my case for a starting berth against the Wellington Phoenix."

Bosnich has appeared in four A-League matches for Central Coast this season in his first competitive action since his sacking by Chelsea in 2003 following a positive test for cocaine.

Comments