Middlesbrough have been dealt a blow with the news that Turkish striker Tuncay Sanli will miss the next six weeks of the season.
The forward has medial ligament damage in his knee and is expected to miss Boro's next few matches including the derby with Sunderland and the visit of Chelsea to the Riverside.
"It's a shame for Tuncay," boss Gareth Southgate told Boro's official website. "However, we've got strength in depth in that area now and it gives opportunities to the other lads."
Egypt international Mido partnered record signing Afonso Alves in attack - and scored his fourth goal of the season - in Saturday's 2-1 Barclays Premier League defeat at Portsmouth.
The former Tottenham man had been at the centre of speculation he could leave the club during the summer transfer window with Wigan paying particular attention to his situation.
But Southgate said at the time he would get his chance, and his prediction has proved accurate.
It is also hoped that Didier Digard's knee injury is not serious and the Frenchman could return to action shortly.
The 22-year-old suffered the injury midway through the second half at Portsmouth on Saturday.
However, it seems certain that Digard will miss Saturday's Premier League encounter with Sunderland, as will fellow central midfielders Julio Arca and Mohamed Shawky.