Eriksson concern as striker Castillo goes AWOL
Mexico striker Nery Castillo's participation in the upcoming World Cup qualifiers is in doubt after coach Sven-Goran Eriksson admitted the player has gone awol.
Last week the 24-year-old was left out of the squad because his proposed loan move from Manchester City to Real Betis collapsed.
Eriksson said he would be recalled as soon as he sorted out his future, but Castillo has since had no contact with Mexico and is likely to miss Saturday's clash with Jamaica and with Canada four days later.
'I don't know where Nery Castillo is right now. I talked to his agent two days ago but I don't know where he is,' said Eriksson.
'I am quite worried about him because he needs to start playing football again. He has played too little this year.'
Eriksson signed Castillo for City on a 12-month loan from Shakhtar Donetsk in January. The English club agreed to terminate the deal to allow the forward to go to Spain but Betis called off the deal after failing to reach an agreement with Shakhtar.