The saga that is Andrei Arshavin's potential move to Tottenham Hotspur appears to be nearing an end, with a decision over the player's future expected soon.
Zenit officials have reportedly issued Tottenham with a deadline to conclude a make-or-break deal for the Russian one way or the other after the club crashed to a shock 3-1 home defeat to bottom side Shinnik on Sunday.
Spurs have agreed personal terms with the Zenit St Petersburg playmaker but the deal stalled over the agreement of a transfer fee.
Arshavin's agent Dennis Lachter believes the deal could still go through and told Sky Sports News: 'Zenit asked for €25million (£19.7million) for the transfer of Arshavin, this is the last price of the team.'
'Four days ago in a private meeting with one of the Tottenham representatives, it was take it or leave it, that is the last price.
'I have got to talk with president of Zenit, Alexander Dukov, if he wants to buy somebody he needs to sell somebody, so he is pushing for Zenit himself to sell Andrei as he understands the contribution of the player.
'We still have a lot of time and from my experience a lot of deals are finalised close to the end of the window, so we will see.'
Officials at Tottenham are apparently not convinced that a deal can be done quickly, but it is thought that Arshavin has been lined up as a potential replacement for Robbie Keane and, with Dimitar Berbatov also looking poised to join Manchester United, Spurs are certainly in need of attacking reinforcements.
Coach Juande Ramos has distanced himself from directly courting the player, but claims that a deal could still go through: 'We are aware there are only two weeks to go before the end of the window - that is something we are working on constantly anyway.
'We are working calmly, in the background, on one or two things. We prefer to work with as much discretion as we can.'
The player himself admitted this weekend that he expected an imminent resolution one way or another, telling his official website: 'My story continues. For those who are interested, I think we will have a final decision in the coming days.
'What will it be? That is difficult to answer.'