Barcelona deny they want to buy Trez
Barcelona president Joan Laporta has rubbished reports linking his club with a bid for Juventus forward David Trezeguet. He also revealed the Catalan club have held talks with Italian duo Internazionale and AC Milan over the possible transfer of Samuel Eto'o, but insisted that neither club had made a concrete offer. The 27-year-old forward has been informed that he is not part of new coach Pep Guardiola's plans as wholesale changes are carried out at Barca following the Nou Camp outfit's second successive trophyless season. A host of clubs have been linked with the prolific Cameroon international, while in turn an army of forwards have been linked with a move to Barca, with Trezeguet, Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor and Lyon youngster Karim Benzema often touted. However, after some good showings in pre-season Laporta seems to have had a change of heart, insisting the decision to oust Eto'o from the side was not irreversible. Following his side's 3-1 friendly win over Fiorentina in Italy, Laporta told Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport there is no room in the Blaugrana squad for veteran French forward Trezeguet. 'Trezeguet is not a player who interests us. He's a great player, but our squad is now complete,' he said. 'The group is fine as it is, we're only waiting to see how the situation with Eto'o will develop.' Despite reports that Eto'o has been attracting interest from the Premier League and Serie A, the only known definite interest in the player at the moment has come from Uzbek side Kuruvchi. Two weeks ago Eto'o travelled to Uzbekistan to meet directors at the club, insisting he had many offers and would make a decision after returning to Spain. However, as yet no decision on his future has been made, and after previously insisting the club had received no offers for Eto'o, Laporta again stressed that there was no concrete interest from Serie A. 'Barca have not received any offer from any Italian club, although we have spoken with Inter and Milan,' he revealed. Closer to home Valencia had emerged as a possible destination for the out-of-favour forward, until they released a statement on their official website denying their interest. However, they too seem to have had a change of heart, as Valencia sporting vice president Fernando Gomez Colomer admitted on Thursday that Eto'o is being touted as a replacement should David Silva or David Villa leave Los Che. 'Eto'o's arrival could happen if Villa or Silva go,' he told Spanish newspaper Marca. 'He's a player with similar characteristics. However, if neither of these two leave it would be practically impossible for Eto'o to come.' Both Silva and Villa have become much sought after in the transfer market this summer following starring roles in Spain's Euro 2008 triumph. However, despite lining up Eto'o as a 'Plan B', Gomez Colomer added: 'Our goal is to keep Silva and Villa in our squad, as they are in fact two very important reinforcements.'