Want-away Rennes star Jimmy Briand claims he is still confident of securing a move to Paris St Germain before transfer deadline day.
Briand is adamant he only signed a new deal at Rennes last year because of an agreement with the club's general manager, Pierre Dreossi, which allegedly stipulated the player could leave if PSG came in with an offer.
PSG have reportedly had two offers for the forward turned down already, with Rennes reportedly holding out for €12million.
'I extended last summer so as not to stay with only one year on my contract and so it would allow the club to get some money from my departure,' Briand told Le Parisien. 'We had a deal.
'By nature I'm an optimist. I hope everything will be sorted as soon as possible, even if the transfer market is open until August 31.'
Briand went on strike as his team-mates returned for pre-season, but while the 23-year-old has now returned to training he insists he has not given up hope of joining his boyhood club.
'I'm in the same frame of mind as I have been since I came back from holiday,' he added. 'And even if I am back in training with Rennes, I have already thought of myself as Parisian for many weeks now.
'I'm a pro therefore I'll do pre-season properly but I won't play for Rennes anymore. That's categorical. I've repeated that to the coach, the president and the sporting director.'
Briand is adamant he will not wear the Rennes shirt next season as he feels 'betrayed' by the club's unwillingness to accept PSG's offers.
'Because of the way in which all this has happened and the remarks made, I feel betrayed. From that point, I can't give myself any more to a club that lied to me.
'My words are strong because I'm not in the frame of mind to play here anymore.
'I was disappointed when the directors told me they didn't want to let me go anymore.
'They knew last season that I would leave this summer, so it was up to them to anticipate it.'
PSG are believed to have upped their offer to €8.5million and Briand is hopeful a deal can be reached quickly.
'Everyone needs to do some effort,' he added. 'In relation to their first offer, PSG have progressed.
'Today, Rennes have dug their heels in a bit over the price. But I have good faith that everyone will revise their position.
'If Rennes decide not to let me leave, I won't leave. But I will fight until August 31 to go.
'While waiting, I don't want to play [for Rennes] or appear on a team-sheet.'
• Meanwhile, the French Football Federation have confirmed Coupe de la Ligue winners Paris St Germain will not be allowed to defend their title next season.
PSG were banned from the 2008/2009 edition of the tournament after a section of their fans unfurled a banner during last season's final against Lens which read 'Paedophiles, unemployed, inbreeding, welcome to the North'.
On Monday the French Olympic Committee (CNOSF) asked football league chiefs to reconsider the ban and called for the capital club to be reinstated to the competition.
However, the FFF have upheld the decision after an emergency meeting on Tuesday morning, rejecting outright CNOSF's suggestion that PSG play a Ligue 1 match behind closed doors as an alternative punishment.
'The Board have refused the proposal of replacing the ban on PSG from the Coupe de la Ligue 2008/09 with the obligation on the Parisian club to play behind closed doors a league match at the beginning of this season', read a statement posted on the FFF website.
'It considered that the punishment of a ban from the next Coupe de la Ligue, taking by the Disciplinary Commission of the LFP and confirmed by the Appeals Commission, constitutes an appropriate sanction to the specific nature and seriousness of the facts.
'It equally considered that since these happened in the Coupe de la Ligue, it was logical and fitting that the punishment involved the Coupe de la Ligue and not French championship Ligue 1.'