Agent says Eto'o may yet stay at Barcelona
Barcelona forward Samuel Eto'o could remain at the Catalan club, according to the player's agent. Eto'o has long been linked with a move away from the Nou Camp this summer, having been told he is not part of new coach Pep Guardiola's plans. The Cameroon international has revealed that several Premier League and Serie A clubs are after him and even travelled to Uzbekistan on Thursday to follow up interest from national league leaders Kuruvchi. Eto'o is in Scotland with the rest of the Barca squad as part of the club's pre-season plans and his agent has admitted the 27-year-old might still be pulling on the famous shirt next season. 'You can't rule out the possibility of Eto'o still being at Barca next season,' Jose Maria Mesalles told Spain's Sport newspaper. 'If there are no offers, we'll stay. We have offers, but they don't convince us for various reasons.' Mesalles rubbished suggestions that a move has yet to happen because Eto'o is demanding a huge pay-packet. 'This is a transfer that has many strands,' he added. 'Maybe they won't reach an agreement because Barcelona are asking too much for the player, 'In any case, our disposition towards the club is the total collaboration to look for a transfer, but if we don't find it, the option is that everything will remain as it is.' Earlier on Monday Eto'o reportedly told Italian sports daily Corriere dello Sport: 'I have a few important offers. Which ones? Chelsea, Tottenham and Inter.'