Liverpool striker Dirk Kuyt is aiming to continue his recent good run of form to cement a place in Holland coach Marco van Basten's Euro 2008 squad. The 27-year-old is in Van Basten's provisional 30-man group, which will be trimmed down to 26 players on May 16 and then cut to 23 by May 28. And he is keen to still be involved when the finals get under way next month. 'I first hoped to be part of the first 30 players. Now I of course want to go to Euro 2008 too,' Kuyt told Radio 538 show Evers Staat Op. 'I hope Marco van Basten will keep on thinking about me now. I must show it on the field and I think I did that in the last games. 'But it is of course not easy for the coach. We have many good strikers, but I think I m a fine addition to the squad.' Kuyt was overlooked by Van Basten when he struggled for goals at Anfield earlier in the campaign but, if selected, would relish the opportunity to shine in Austria and Switzerland this summer. 'It happens only once every four years. It was no fun to me to not be selected for some games after three years. But I still hope to be there,' he said. While the former Feyenoord frontman may have a European Championships to plan for, he admits he is disappointed he does not also have a Champions League final to look forward to following Liverpool's semi-final exit at the hands of Chelsea. 'It is of course a shame that we could not make it again into the final of the Champions League,' he said. 'I myself feel I am in good form. I had a lesser period, because of personal things. But I have put that behind me and it's going fine again now.'