Wenger threatens to report Inter to FIFA over Hleb
LONDON (Reuters) - Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has warned Inter Milan they will be reported to FIFA if the Italian side continue to publicly express interest in signing Belarus midfielder Alexander Hleb.
Wenger was furious with Inter coach Roberto Mancini who said this week the Serie A leaders were interested in signing Hleb in the close-season, even though he is still under contract to Arsenal until 2010.
'I find all the talk about the players completely disrespectful. When it comes directly from the club, enough is enough, we shall report them directly to FIFA from now on,' Wenger told reporters on Friday.
'If Inter are interested in Alexander Hleb, they should call us. We have heard nothing. I don't know why we always have to respond to these situations.
'Apart from Mathieu Flamini, all our players are under contract. You never hear me talking about players who are under contract somewhere else. If I want to buy someone, I call the chairman and I ask him if he is for sale.'
Wenger is refusing to close the door on making another move for Thierry Henry after the French striker said Arsenal would be the only club he would consider playing for in the Premier League again.
Henry ended an eight-year association with Arsenal by joining Barcelona last year but the prolific forward has failed to produce his best form in the Primera Liga this season.
'In our situation you can never say never. He only left last year and I think Thierry is disappointed because things haven't gone as well as he would have liked them to go,' added Wenger.
'I still feel he is a world-class player and I think he will prove in Barcelona that he is one of their better players.'