Redknapp launches legal action against police
Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp has launched a court action against police for arresting him as part of a corruption inquiry.
With his wife, Sandra, Redknapp has lodged an action at the Administrative Court of the High Courts of Justice in London.
They are hoping to gain a judicial review of the police's decision to issue a warrant to raid the couple's home in Sandbanks, Poole, Dorset, and to arrest and bail Redknapp.
A spokesman for the court confirmed that an action had been received and a first hearing would be held on May 2.
A City of London Police press officer said the force would not comment on the action.
Redknapp held a press conference following his release on bail and spoke of his 'bitter disappointment' at the way the raid and his arrest had been handled.
He complained that the police arrived at his home at 6am accompanied by photographers from a national newspaper.
And he said he believed he had only been arrested because he was a 'high-profile' figure.
Redknapp was not available for comment today.
A total of nine people are on bail in connection with the ongoing City of London Police inquiry with the most recent being Birmingham co-owner David Sullivan and managing director Karren Brady who were arrested and questioned last week.