7:45 PM UTC
Leg 1
Game Details
Brighton & Hove Albion
Newcastle United
7:45 PM UTC
Game Details
Sportfreunde Lotte
Borussia Dortmund
7:45 PM UTC
Game Details
Real Sociedad
6:30 PM UTC
Game Details
Real Betis
8:30 PM UTC
Game Details
8:30 PM UTC
Game Details

Trending: Leicester City shock Liverpool

By ESPN Staff

King's Cup: Getafe reach second consecutive final

SANTANDER, Spain, March 19 (Reuters) - Getafe reached their second consecutive King's Cup final after drawing 1-1 away to Racing Santander in their semi-final second leg on Wednesday.

Michael Laudrup's side won the first leg 3-1 at home last month and survived a torrid time at the Sardinero after Pedro Munitis gave Racing an early lead.

They withstood intense pressure until the second-half dismissal of Racing striker Oscar Serrano, after which Francisco Casquero snatched a late equaliser.

Getafe, who face Bayern Munich in a UEFA Cup quarter-finals next month, lost 1-0 to Sevilla in their first final appearance last season.

They will meet either Valencia or Barcelona, who play the other semi-final second leg at the Mestalla on Thursday. The scores are level at 1-1. The final is on April 16.

Getafe were penned back as last-four debutants Racing piled forward in search of an early breakthrough which they got after seven minutes.

Jorge Lopez collected a short corner and drilled a low ball across the face of the goal for forward Munitis to stab in from close range.

The rest of the half ebbed and flowed with both goalkeepers making important interventions. Racing missed the clearest opening for a second just before the break.

Serrano's low cross found Mohamed Tchite sliding into the six-yard box but the striker somehow put the ball over the bar.

Racing stepped up the pressure again after the break and it was one-way traffic as Gonzalo Colsa, Tchite and Ebi Smolarek all went close.

But the second yellow card for Serrano in the 76th minute proved the turning point.

Five minutes later, Getafe worked the ball across the edge of the area to substitute Casquero who lashed a shot high into the net.

Racing complained bitterly as defender Ezequiel Garay went down injured in the build up to the goal, and tempers boiled over in the tunnel after the final whistle.