DC United
Montreal Impact
11:30 PM UTC
Game Details
Seattle Sounders FC
Sporting Kansas City
2:00 AM UTC Oct 28, 2016
Game Details

Shoots of recovery at Hull City

Hull City

Issue still raw for Qld's bad boy Tiatto

Queensland's A-League woes are set to continue with guilt-ridden Roar hardman Danny Tiatto to be wiped out of their home-and-away finals survival battle with Sydney FC.

Football Federation Australia will tomorrow officially charge Tiatto with violent conduct for the backhander which saw him red-carded in last night's 2-0 loss to Adelaide United.

Roar officials are expecting a two-match ban and would have no intention of appealing such a suspension that would rule the tough veteran out of both knockout legs against Sydney, starting away on Friday night.

Tiatto's 41st-minute strike to the face of Reds midfielder Travis Dodd effectively ended Queensland's hopes of grabbing the premiership plate and an automatic Asian Champions League berth.

Down 1-0 at the time and needing victory to take top spot, the Roar conceded a second soon after in their worst performance of the season.

Tiatto was due to travel to Sydney to participate in the competition's finals launch but was withdrawn by the Roar.

The former Leicester City defender was also off-limits in Adelaide before returning to Brisbane this afternoon as he struggled to cope with his brain explosion in reacting to Dodd's niggling challenge.

Also rubbing salt into the Roar's wounds, the club is braced for a possible fine for unwittingly causing grief for the FFA and confusion to viewers through a jersey mix-up.

Queensland manager Neil Herron mistakenly picked up the Roar's orange home kit instead of their white away strip which resulted in a terrible clash of colours against the Reds.

The FFA have already spoken to the club to ensure better processes are in place to avoid a repeat.

"It was an honest mistake," said a Roar spokesman.

"No one even twigged until they were sitting on the bench and one of the boys said 'shouldn't we be in white?'."

FFA chief Ben Buckley said: "It was disappointing, and clearly it did create some kind of confusion for the TV audience and people at the ground."

Roar goalkeeper Griffin McMaster endured a mixed night but didn't blame the colour clash.

In his first away game, McMaster started poorly by fumbling a cross after opposition contact that allowed Bruce Djite to score in the 18th minute.

But he bounced back with a series of excellent shot-stoppers in the second half when down 2-0.

"At half-time the gaffer (coach Frank Farina) told us all to look in the mirror before going out (in the second half) because 'you've got to play with a fair bit of pride' and I feel I did that," said the keeper, deputising for the injured Liam Reddy.

"The only thing we can really do is move on. It's a thing of the past and it's all over now.

"It will be a very big occasion against Sydney and finals football can produce anything."

McMaster, the club's third-string keeper at the start of the season, is now the man the Roar must rely upon to fight another day as Reddy faces at least another fortnight on the sidelines.

"I learned a lot of things from last night," he said. "I feel going into Friday's match in Sydney that was a good platform for me."