Aston Villa have denied reports that defender Olof Mellberg will quit the club at the end of the season to join Juventus. The Sweden international has been linked with a move to the Italian giants and the Birmingham Post claim the 30-year-old visited Turin on Tuesday to be given a tour of the Serie A club before undergoing a medical. But a Villa spokesman said: 'Olof going to Turin or anywhere is news to us at Aston Villa.' Villa boss Martin O'Neill has spelt out his desire to retain the services of Mellberg, who this season has switched from centre-back to operate effectively at right-back. Only last week the Irishman told PA Sport: 'I'm understanding of Olof. It is not as if Olof has any distinct disregard for the club. He has been here seven years and this (contract) is really important for him. 'There will be a host of interest in Olof and I think he wants to see what is there for him because this is a really important stage for him. Would I like Olof to stay? Absolutely.'