Pizarro among 4 banned by Peru FA
LIMA, Dec 8 (Reuters) - Peru have suspended four players including Chelsea striker Claudio Pizarro for indiscipline following last month's World Cup qualifier against Brazil. Pizarro, fellow European-based player Jefferson Farfan of PSV Eindhoven, along with defender Santiago Acasiete and forward Andres Mendoza, have been banned provisionally pending further investigations, the Peruvian Football Federation (FPF) said. 'The analysis of the information available has allowed us to determine that there are indications...of misconduct,' the FPF said in a statement. It said the investigation was prompted by a report aired on a television programme and the decision was based on information supplied by employees of the hotel where the team were staying. 'The hotel has given us valuable information, although unfortunately they have refused to do it officially and in writing,' said the statement. Peru held Brazil 1-1 in their match on Nov. 18 and crashed to a humiliating 5-1 defeat in Ecuador three days later, when Farfan was left out of the starting lineup. Chelsea striker Pizarro last year quit the team, saying he would not play while Franco Navarro was coach. He was then banned by the federation but returned this year after Navarro's contract was not renewed. Peru have taken two points from their first four World Cup qualifiers, have scored only two goals and the bans will leave them even shorter of firepower. Peruvian football has been plagued by in-fighting among the directors for years and the country has not qualified for a World Cup since 1982. The players are often accused of indiscipline but in turn complain of harrassment by the country's tabloid newspapers and television stations.