Werder suspend pair after fight in training
BERLIN, Nov 22 (Reuters) - Werder Bremen said on Thursday they had suspended Boubacar Sanogo of the Ivory Coast and Carlos Alberto of Brazil for three days following a fight in training. Both will miss the Bundesliga match against Energie Cottbus on Saturday after being sent to the dressing room by coach Thomas Schaaf after 'the altercation turned violent', the club said on their Web site (www.werder.de). 'The players are supposed to be role models,' said Schaaf. 'Anyone who acts like that is going to face consequences. We're taking this step even though we're hit by injuries. We won't accept this kind of behaviour.' Both players will be assigned to a special running programme until Sunday. Striker Sanogo had been out for three weeks with injury but was expected to return to the starting lineup on Saturday.