Tottenham have dismissed claims they are to hold a crisis board meeting today following a report that Martin Jol has told them he is ready to leave White Hart Lane.
A spokesman for the club has insisted that no such plan exists despite Jol's role as head coach having been under the spotlight for some weeks.
Questions over the Dutchman's future have increased since the departure of Jose Mourinho from Chelsea last week which led Jol yesterday to insist he had the full backing of chairman Daniel Levy following the 1-1 draw with Bolton.
Jol also insisted Levy had described as 'rubbish' reports linking the north London club with the Portuguese with a view to him replacing the current incumbent.
He said: 'Daniel Levy phoned me to say it was rubbish and hoped that I would be with him next year. He is always good to me, always backing me.'
As well as Mourinho, Sevilla coach Juande Ramos has been linked to the job.
Ramos talked of an 'offer' last month but Tottenham consistently denied being in negotiations with anyone to replace Jol, whose position is still clearly shaky after another unconvincing performance at Bolton.
It followed the 3-1 home defeat by Arsenal and even a 6-1 trouncing of UEFA Cup minnows Anorthosis Famagusta on Thursday has done little to stabilise matters.
Tottenham are still in the Barclays Premier League's bottom three, having won just once in their first seven games.
Yesterday they lost the chance of a vital three points with another goal conceded from a set piece after Robbie Keane had put them ahead at the Reebok.