Real Sociedad
Game Details
Deportivo La Coruña
Game Details

Cologne part ways with sporting director

FC Cologne

Garriock ready to lead Canberra

By ESPN Staff

Championship: Orr sends Bristol City top

A late equaliser from Bradley Orr helped Bristol City claim top spot in the Coca-Cola Championship after a 1-1 draw with West Brom.

Slovenian Robert Koren finished from close range with 16 minutes remaining to hand Tony Mowbray's side the advantage at Ashton Gate, but Orr tapped home in the 89th minute to snatch a vital point for City which takes them back above Watford.

Two late Andy Reid penalties (85 and 88) helped Charlton overcome Norwich 2-0 at The Valley and go third.

Burnley joined them in the upper reaches of the table with a 2-0 win at crisis-torn Sheffield Wednesday.

Goals in each half from Robbie Blake (15) and Chris McCann (48) mean that the Owls remain pointless at the bottom of the division after six games.

Coventry's Leon Best struck with three minutes remaining to hand his side a 1-1 draw at Crystal Palace as Iain Dowie returned to Selhurst Park for the first time since his acrimonious court battle with Eagles chairman Simon Jordan.

Stuart Green (26) had earlier given Palace the lead.

High-flying Scunthorpe added to 10-man Preston's woes with a 2-1 win courtesy of goals from Andy Crosby (24) and Paul Hayes (49).

Youl Mawene (44) had levelled and North End missed a great chance to level when Kevin Nicholls' penalty was saved by Joe Murphy, while Andy Carroll was dismissed for violent conduct.

Blackpool and Sheffield United traded late goals in a 2-2 draw at Bloomfield Road.

James Beattie (13) and Stephen Crainey (46) struck to leave the game deadlocked, but Ben Burgess (87) appeared to have won it for the Seasiders before Beattie hit his second a minute later.

A Dean Windass penalty gave Hull a 1-0 win at Wolves, while neither Stoke nor Barnsley could find a goal at the Britannia Stadium.

Peter Halmosi (50) and David Norris (62) were the heroes for Plymouth as they triumphed 2-0 against QPR at Loftus Road.

Championship side Leicester were in action in the Carling Cup against Nottingham Forest after their first attempt was abandoned following Clive Clarke's collapse.

With Forest having led that game 1-0 at the time, goalkeeper Paul Smith was allowed to walk through and score unchallenged from the kick-off.

After Alan Sheehan equalised Nathan Tyson handed the League One side the lead, but late goals from Richard Stearman (88) and Stephen Clemence (90) saw City home 3-2.

In League One, Ashley Vincent (four) gave Cheltenham the lead over Swansea before Jason Scotland (50) and Andy Robinson (69) gave the Welshmen a 2-1 win.