Melbourne City FC
Perth Glory
Game Details
Real Betis
7:30 PM UTC
Game Details
SV Darmstadt 98
FC Cologne
7:30 PM UTC
Game Details
7:30 PM UTC
Game Details
Hull City
Derby County
7:45 PM UTC
Game Details
Atlético de Kolkata
FC Pune City
1:30 PM UTC
Game Details
By ESPN Staff

Carling Cup review: Foxes match abandoned

Tonight's Carling Cup action was overshadowed by events at Nottingham Forest after Leicester's Clive Clarke collapsed in the dressing room at half-time, leading to the match being abandoned. The 27-year-old defender, who joined the Foxes on loan from Sunderland two weeks ago, was given medical attention in an ambulance at the City Ground and was conscious. The start of the second half was initially delayed for 15 minutes before a further 10-minute delay was announced over the tannoy. Forest boss Colin Calderwood and Leicester counterpart Martin Allen then emerged from the tunnel to announce the abandonment of the second-round tie to the crowd. The home side had held a 1-0 lead over their east midlands rivals courtesy of Junior Agogo's 28th-minute strike. The only minor upset of the night in normal time came at Roots Hall, where Southend beat Watford 2-0 thanks to goals from Charlie MacDonald and Matt Harrold. West Brom had little trouble dispatching Peterborough 2-0 at London Road, Zoltan Gera heading in a Neil Clement corner and Nathan Ellington scoring what could be his last goal for the Baggies before a rumoured switch to Watford. It was a similar story at Brunton Park as a Michael Mifsud double saw Coventry beat Carlisle 2-0. And it was the same score at Home Park as Sylvan Ebanks-Blake and a late second from Luke Summerfield saw Plymouth safely into round three at the expense of Doncaster. Oldham, who today unveiled Lee Hughes as their latest signing, were unable to catch Burnley cold, with Andy Gray's deflected effort, Robbie Blake and Ade Akinbiyi sealing a 3-0 home win. Cardiff avoided extra-time by the skin of their teeth against 10-man Leyton Orient, Peter Whittingham scoring in stoppage-time to seal a 1-0 win. Sean Thornton had earlier been sent off for the visitors after picking up a second yellow card. In the later kick-off, Charlton survived a brave Stockport fightback to win a 4-3 thriller at The Valley. The Addicks appeared to be cruising thanks to efforts from Svetoslav Todorov and a twice-taken Zheng Zhi penalty. But the visitors turned the game on it head in the space of 15 second-half minutes, Adam Proudlock, Anthony Elding and Dominic Blizzard putting them ahead. Charlton regained their composure as Lloyd Sam levelled and Patrick McCarthy netted a last-gasp winner.