Manchester City
Hull City
7:45 PM UTC
Game Details
7:45 PM UTC
Game Details
Stoke City
Sheffield Wednesday
7:45 PM UTC
Game Details
Reus Deportiu
Atletico Madrid
7:00 PM UTC
Leg 1
Game Details
Paris Saint-Germain
6:00 PM UTC
Game Details
AC Milan
8:00 PM UTC
Game Details
Chennaiyin FC
Mumbai City FC
1:30 PM UTC
Game Details

2015 Liga MX Apertura playoffs schedule

Liga MX

Mendes won't pick new Valencia boss - Chan

La Liga
By ESPN Staff

Bruce eager to continue strengthening

Birmingham manager Steve Bruce has insisted his summer transfer plans will not be over even if the £6million deal for Tottenham striker Mido is successfully revived.

Bruce is also hopeful of bringing in Arsenal defender Johan Djourou on loan but has ruled out any chance of signing his Gunners team-mate Mathieu Flamini.

The Mido transfer looked dead and buried because of contractual problems but Bruce claims those have now been 'ironed out' and that negotiations with Spurs are 'ongoing'.

Bruce said: 'Our offer has always been there for Mido. To be perfectly honest I don't think the offer was the problem to be fair to the player.

'It was all sorts of other things like length of contract, stipulations in the contract. Those seem to have been ironed out.

'We made the best offer we possibly can to the player. We will see what happens. We will have to go through the rigmarole again on the possible transfer.

'We have to negotiate with Spurs but that seems to be ongoing.'

If Mido, who has also been interesting Sunderland, does sign he will become Bruce's 10th summer capture.

But Bruce claimed: 'That will not be the end of things. I'm still possibly in for Djourou. It's a possibility still. In terms of Flamini, I think he has made it quite clear that he wants to stay at Arsenal.

'It's getting near the start of the season but if you remember this time last year we got our three best signings right before the big kick-off in the three Arsenal boys Nicklas Bendtner, Fabrice Muamba and Sebastian Larsson.

'We are pleased with what we have done and brought in. Rest assured, we haven't finished yet.'

Bruce is still finding it hard to contain his disappointment after the collapse of the deal for Spurs midfielder Hossam Ghaly.

He said: 'It was just disappointing because all summer I'd tracked him. I know what happened but at the end of the day I've lost a really good midfield player.

'If anyone's heart is not in it then we all know we are going to be up against it. If anyone is not ready for the challenge they may as well not be here and that was what our thoughts were.

'It was a horrible end because a lot of people did a lot of work on the deal. It was sad but the plain fact is he didn't want to be here.'