Veteran midfielder Dietmar Hamann has declared his intention to be part of Sven-Goran Eriksson's Manchester City revolution. After bringing in eight new players since succeeding Stuart Pearce as manager this summer, Eriksson is now looking at letting others leave. Misfiring strikers Georgios Samaras, Darius Vassell and Paul Dickov are seemingly bound for the Eastlands exit door, along with Ousmane Dabo, Ishmael Miller and former England international Danny Mills, who has been told by Eriksson he has no future at the club. It would have been no surprise if Hamann found himself surplus to requirements either after being restricted to just 14 starts during an injury-hit debut campaign with the Blues following his controversial switch from Liverpool via Bolton. However, the 33-year-old can sense a momentum building at City and is keen to scrap for a place in Eriksson's plans. 'We have a few midfielders now but it does not worry me. Whoever comes in, I will fight for my place and I will be ready,' he told the club's website. 'I have never feared competition and I won't this season either. 'I didn't play well enough last year but I have had a good pre-season, with no injuries, and I am looking forward to Saturday.'