David Beckham has revealed England manager Steve McClaren has already assured him he can keep his England place when he joins Los Angeles Galaxy this summer. The 32-year-old starred on his recent return to Steve McClaren's squad, crossing for John Terry's goal in the draw with Brazil at the new Wembley, and setting up two in the Euro 2008 qualifiying victory over Estonia. But with the Real Madrid midfielder soon to swap the Bernabeu for a move to the United States, it has been suggested Beckham's return to the international fold could prove short-lived. Asked whether he can keep his place in the England squad from across the Atlantic, the 32-year-old said: 'Without a doubt. The manager has already made me aware of that. 'My fitness will be the same as it is now, if not better. I don't think that's going to be a worry. 'Some people think I am going into semi-retirement, I don't see it as that. 'And there's some people who think I can play for another two or three years at the top - and I'm one of those people.' And the former Manchester United insists he will have a part to play under McClaren for as long as his form and fitness remains as it is now. 'As long as my fitness is right, as long as I'm playing like I have been playing over the last six months - which is the reason why he's said he brought me back into the team - then there won't be a problem,' Beckham confirmed yesterday that Sunday's crunch clash with Real Mallorca will be his final for the club after Madrid made an approach last week to buy the England midfielder out of his contract with the American side. He has played an instrumental role in Madrid's title charge - months after he had been told he had played his last game for the club by coach Fabio Capello - but is yet to win any silverware in his four-year stay. However, a victory will guarantee the Spanish giants a first La Liga title since 2003.