Previous
Chelsea
Tottenham Hotspur
7:00 PM UTC
Game Details
Werder Bremen
VfB Stuttgart
6:15 PM UTC
Game Details
Brighton & Hove Albion
Derby County
1:30 PM UTC
Game Details
Burnley
Queens Park Rangers
3:45 PM UTC
Game Details
Next

Trending: Leicester waiting for title

Latest
Read

Hernandez: One space left in Liguilla

Liga MX
Read

Simeone has tough calls to make

Atletico Madrid
Read
By ESPN Staff

No way back for Beckham, says Mijatovic

David Beckham's hopes of earning a recall at Real Madrid took another blow tonight when sporting director Predrag Mijatovic revealed the Spanish giants will continue to place their faith in youth.

Speaking at a press conference where the club publicly declared their support for under-pressure coach Fabio Capello, Mijatovic said: 'Beckham has been a great professional these years - but he has decided to leave for another team.

'Now we want to give more opportunities to the younger players, so they have more minutes.'

Beckham has not played for Madrid since revealing last month that he will be leaving this summer to join MLS side, the Los Angeles Galaxy.

Although Capello initially declared Beckham would never play for the club again following that announcement, it had looked in recent weeks as though the former England captain could force his way back into the reckoning.

But today's comments by Mijatovic, combined with those of Capello following Sunday's match against Levante, suggest there is little chance of the 31-year-old appearing for the first team again before he departs for America.

Asked after the Levante match if Beckham should have been involved, Capello said: 'He has been here three years, and the results have not been good.

'We are trying a new line-up, and I am waiting for important players (to return from injury).

'I am convinced by my decisions. For example, he [Beckham] played against Depor(tivo La Coruna) - and we lost.'