Coach Fabio Capello has had another dig at departing midfielder David Beckham as Real Madrid`s season hit a new low with a shock 1-0 home defeat to third-bottom Levante.
Beckham, who is leaving for a big-money deal deal with Los Angeles Galaxy at the end of the season, missed his sixth successive match since being exiled from the team following his decision to leave the Bernabeu.
However, despite not playing since the 2-0 defeat to Deportivo La Coruna on January 7 the former England captain is still coming in for criticism from Capello.
And there appears to be little chance of Beckham making a first-team comeback before he leaves.
'He (Beckham) has been here three years and the results have not been good,' said Capello, whose side slipped five points behind leaders Barcelona in the league.
'We are trying a new line-up, and I am waiting for important players (to return from injury).
'I am convinced by my decisions. For example, he (Beckham) played against Depor and we lost.'
Capello stated last month that Beckham would not play for the team again following the former England captain`s announcement he would be leaving Madrid for LA.
The Italian coach has since softened that stance and even revealed last weekend that Beckham could force his way back into the reckoning with the right attitude in training.
But following his comments tonight it is clear Capello does not view Beckham as the man to turn his stuttering side around.
Real Madrid defender Michel Salgado called for unity after Sunday's home defeat to struggling Levante prompted fans to chant for the resignation of coach Fabio Capello and president Ramon Calderon.
It was Real's fourth league defeat in six and came days after the controversial decision to sell Brazilian striker Ronaldo to AC Milan. Outcast David Beckham was watching from the stands once again.
The nine-times European champions have only managed three goals in their last eight matches in all competitions, and they show little sign of improvement.
'You can understand that people are tired and bored because it has been like this for three and a half years,' said Salgado.
'The only solution is to continue working. The blame is on everyone, not just the coach or the players. We have to back Capello. It is more important than ever to be united.'
Monday's sports daily Marca said: 'The Bernabeu have had enough,' while AS said 'Capello is dragging them towards the abyss.'
In the post match press conference Capello said he was not considering resigning, and that his future was in the hands of the president.
Spanish media reported that Calderon had a meeting with sports director Predrag Mijatovic to discuss the situation on Sunday evening.