Angolan officials attack Senegal over no-show
LUANDA, Feb 4 (Reuters) - World Cup finalists Angola have reacted angrily to Senegal's decision to pull out of their planned international friendly next week and travel to France for another game instead.
Angolan officials accused their Senegalese Football Federation counterparts of a 'lack of professionalism' after the game was called off at the weekend.
Angolan Football Federation secretary general Augusto Silva told the ANGOP news agency they had shown a lack of seriousness in setting up arrangements for the planned match.
'We have now wasted a rare date on the FIFA calendar for our national team to get together,' he said.
Senegal fixed the friendly against Angola last year but then sought to move it last week when local police said they could not supply security because of local elections.
Senegal's football federation officials then attempted to move the match to Banjul in neighbouring Gambia but the country's sports ministry refused to foot the bill because it was too expensive.
Instead, Senegal have accepted a late invitation to play Benin in Rouen, France on Wednesday.